Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tulip Festival, Ha!




Last weekend I and some of my friends went to the "Tulip Festival" at Thanksgiving Point. I was looking forward to it for two reason: one to be outside because this winter has been way too long, and get to see beautiful stuff and two to walk and talk with friends. When we arrived the sun was shining and the line was short, hurray! There was a big posted sign behind the counter that said, "Bloomfest 25%, well what in the ...does that mean. We set outside anticipating the view of color and roll green hills and I knew it was going to be beautiful because I went last year. As we walk down the well groom path of brick and stone I noticed alot of green grass and green stems but no flowers, oh you would get a flower here and there but not much more. There was no leaves or buds in the trees either. As the path began to wind around the word "Bloomfest" 25% came to my mind. I stopped one of the bend over gardners and asked him what did it mean. He answer with a little chuckle that only 25% of the blossum are blooming because mother nature has been so cold for so long lately! Well, I and my friends stop strolling and with the wind beginning to blow, blow, blow we headed right to the luncheon room. We decided that we could handle eating outside because the building would block us from the wind. But by the time we has order our salads and fill our water glasses, we watch tables, dishes, napkins being blown off the patio. Our table decided that we need to keep water in our glasses and dressing on our salad or the leave of the salad and the cups wouldn't blow away. We had laughing good time trying talk and hold on to our food. I was grateful that the wind was on the warm side and that I didn't give a care about my hair. After I said good bye to my friends I sat out on a bench in front of the building of the garden lobby waiting for my daughter to pick me up and watching people running in holding on to their sun hats and cameras having big smiles on their faces to see the tulips in bloom. I sat quietly but in my head I was shouting "there is only 25% of nothing to look at" but the cost, was pricey but I got to be with my friends. I thought I would put some photos of the tulip festival from last year just to make my blog a little more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking those pictures didn't look like that day felt. Great job updating you blog again so fast. Maybe we will go again later. Love you mucho!